Search my site
BSC BOOK STORE
Canada Day!July 1st, 20153 months to go.
On this Day:
- On March 31, 1885 – The federal government disallowed the British Columbia Chinese Immigration Act Sent 14 hours ago
- On March 31, 1872 – The first issue of the Toronto Mail was published. Sent 16 hours ago
- On March 31, 1854 – A railway from Truro to Pictou, Nova Scotia, was opened. Sent 17 hours ago
- On March 31, 1831 – Quebec and Montreal were incorporated as cities. #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 18 hours ago
- On March 31, 1821 – McGill University received a Royal Charter. #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 20 hours ago
- On March 31, 1713 – The Treaty of Utrecht returned N.S. to Britain. France retained Cape Breton and Island of St. John, now P.E.I. Sent 22 hours ago
- On March 30, 1954 – The Toronto subway train system opened; it was the first in Canada. Sent 1 day ago
- On March 30, 1901 – In the Delpit marriage case, it was ruled that marriages of Roman Catholics by Protestant clergy were valid. Sent 1 day ago
- On March 30, 1874 – Louis Riel arrived at Ottawa as a member of Parliament but was not allowed to take his seat. Sent 1 day ago
- On March 30, 1838 – Lord Durham was made Governor of British North America, except Newfoundland. Sent 1 day ago
Canadian history. Canadian trivia. Brevity ... bite-sized. Proud to be Canadian (most of the time). Colourful past, interesting people and places -- can I tell you about it?