Search my site
BSC BOOK STORE
Canada Day!July 1st, 20151 month to go.
On this Day:
- On May 22, 1808, Simon Fraser left Fort St James, B.C. for a trip down the river that now bears his name. Sent 14 hours ago
- On May 22, 1945, the government announced that Japanese incendiary balloons had been found in Western Canada. Sent 15 hours ago
- On May 22, 1906, British forces were withdrawn from Esquimalt, B.C.; they were the last British forces in Canada. Sent 16 hours ago
- On May 22, 1820, Lord Dalhousie laid the cornerstone of Dalhousie University. #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 18 hours ago
- On May 22, 1867, Queen Victoria proclaimed that the British North America Act would go into effect on July 1 and named 72 senators. Sent 20 hours ago
- On May 22, 1815, Fort Niagara was restored to the United States. #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 22 hours ago
- On May 21, 1939, King George VI unveiled the National War Memorial at Ottawa. #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 1 day ago
- Read Sweet Canadiana ppr.li/r?trail=contri… Sent 1 day ago
- On May 21, 1914, Gurdit Singh and 396 Hindus were forbidden to land at Vancouver. #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 1 day ago
- My best RTs this week came from: @PamCalvert1 #thankSAll Who were yours? sumall.com/thankyou Sent 1 day ago
Canadian history. Canadian trivia. Brevity ... bite-sized. Proud to be Canadian (most of the time). Colourful past, interesting people and places -- can I tell you about it?