Here’s a quick quiz to test your knowledge of Canada. Don’t worry, the answers are further down on the post. If you don’t want to quiz yourself, just learn some trivia, it’s all here! Have fun, that’s all I ask.
1. Where is the highest mountain?
a) Mount Logan, Yukon
b) Angel Peak, British Columbia
c) Mount Walsh, Yukon
2. What is Canada’s longest river?
a) Mackenzie, Northwest Territories
b) Athabasca, Alberta
c) St. Lawrence, Quebec/Ontario
3. Where can you find Canada’s oldest maple tree?
a) North Pelham, Ontario
b) Gaspe, Quebec
c) Richmond, British Columbia
4. What famous person opened the first post office in Canada?
a) Sir John A. Macdonald
b) Benjamin Franklin
c) John Molson
5. Where can you find the longest covered bridge?
a) Souris, Manitoba
b) Lethbridge, Alberta
c) Hartland, New Brunswick
6. Where can you find Canada’s biggest salt mine?
a) Goderich, Ontario
b) Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
c) Calgary, Alberta
7. Where was the first emergency number implemented?
a) Winnipeg, Manitoba
b) Toronto, Ontario
c) Ottawa, Ontario
8. When did Canadian John R. Connon patent the first panoramic camera in the world?
1. b) Angel Peak, British Columbia at 6,858 m. The second is Mount Logan, Yukon at 5,959 m.
2. a) Mackenzie, Northwest Territories at 4,240 km. The second is St. Lawrence, Quebec/Ontario at 3,060 km.
3. a) North Pelham, Ontario. It is estimated to be approx. 500 years old and is 30.5 m tall!
4. b) Benjamin Franklin. He was joint deputy postmaster-general for the British colonies in 1753.
5. c) Hartland, New Brunswick at 391 m it is the longest covered bridge on Earth!
6. a) Goderich, Ontario where it’s the world’s largest salt mine. Sifto extracts 6,577,089 tonnes a year.
7. a) Winnipeg, Manitoba on June 21, 1959, with the number 999. Most of Canada’s 911 was adopted on June 22, 1975.
8. c) 1888. Even if you find earlier patents, Connon’s was the first to actually capture vistas of up to 360 degrees in a single exposure.