There are so many Canadian little gems here, CanadIan trivia. Thank you, Cher!!
[Sorry for the errors the post. My computer is playing with me again!]
[photo courtesy of bing.com]
Here is a little list of fun Canuck facts for the start to the weekend! Let’s take a look now, shall we?
- People in Churchill, Manitoba leave their car doors unlocked in case their neighbors need to make a quick escape from polar bears.
- There’s also a prison for polar bears who break into people’s homes for food.
- No cows in Canada are given artificial hormones for milk production.
- For one day in 1943, Ottawa designated a hospital room to be “extraterritorial” (international) ground so a Dutch princess could be born a full Dutch citizen.
- And every year the Netherlands sends Canada thousands of tulips to show their gratitude [for the part Canada played in liberating the Netherlands from Nazi Germany occupation in WWII]. This inspired Ottawa’s annual Tulip Festival.
- Canada has banned the Westboro Baptist Church members from entering the country and picketing funerals.
View original post 411 more words