There are so many Canadian little gems here, CanadIan trivia. Thank you, Cher!!
[Sorry for the errors the post. My computer is playing with me again!]
[photo courtesy of bing.com]
Here is a little list of fun Canuck facts for the start to the weekend! Let’s take a look now, shall we?
- People in Churchill, Manitoba leave their car doors unlocked in case their neighbors need to make a quick escape from polar bears.
- There’s also a prison for polar bears who break into people’s homes for food.
- No cows in Canada are given artificial hormones for milk production.
- For one day in 1943, Ottawa designated a hospital room to be “extraterritorial” (international) ground so a Dutch princess could be born a full Dutch citizen.
- And every year the Netherlands sends Canada thousands of tulips to show their gratitude [for the part Canada played in liberating the Netherlands from Nazi Germany occupation in WWII]. This inspired Ottawa’s annual Tulip Festival.
- Canada has banned the Westboro Baptist Church members from entering the country and picketing funerals.
View original post 411 more words
I loved this post! Amazing that humans leave their cars abs houses unlocked in case someone needs help… In the US that doesn’t happen… Love the part about the polar bear jail too! *(purrs)*
… and of course, the McLobster, eh? I saw it on the menu from the front window while I visited New Brunswick a few years ago. Unfortunately, they were closed because we went there on a Sunday! LOL. 🙂
…. There’s always a catch…
Aye, and if I had catched it, I would not have had to go to McDonald’s for it. (sorry, bad pun)