Search my site
BSC BOOK STORE
Canada Day!July 1st, 20153 months to go.
On this Day:
- On March 30, 1954 – The Toronto subway train system opened; it was the first in Canada. Sent 5 hours ago
- On March 30, 1901 – In the Delpit marriage case, it was ruled that marriages of Roman Catholics by Protestant clergy were valid. Sent 6 hours ago
- On March 30, 1874 – Louis Riel arrived at Ottawa as a member of Parliament but was not allowed to take his seat. Sent 7 hours ago
- On March 30, 1838 – Lord Durham was made Governor of British North America, except Newfoundland. Sent 9 hours ago
- On March 30, 1832 – The Bank of Nova Scotia was incorporated. It was the first in the province. Sent 11 hours ago
- RT @CTVNews: Socks-only playground policy angers family of girl with cerebral palsy ow.ly/KYj5i http://t.co/8wUrlQDXpx Sent 13 hours ago
- OTD 1814, U.S. General Wilkinson was forced to retreat @ La Colle, Quebec. It was the last attempt by U.S. to invade Cda during War of 1812. Sent 13 hours ago
- OTD 1809 – The Labrador Act gave Labrador to NFLD. This was later disputed by Quebec and a final decision was not made until 1927. Sent 15 hours ago
- On March 29, 1927 – Government control replaced prohibition in Ontario. Sent 1 day ago
- On March 29, 1906 – A riot of street railway employees broke out at Winnipeg. Sent 1 day ago
Canadian history. Canadian trivia. Brevity ... bite-sized. Proud to be Canadian (most of the time). Colourful past, interesting people and places -- can I tell you about it?