Search my site
BSC BOOK STORE
Canada Day!July 1st, 20151 month to go.
On this Day:
- On May 29, 1815, an Order-in-Council declared Canada opened to citizens of the United States for commerce. Sent 1 hour ago
- On May 29, 1733, Intendant Hocquart upheld the right of Canadians to have Indians as slaves and to sell them. Sent 3 hours ago
- On May 28, 1934, the Dionne quintuplets were born near North Bay, Ontario. Sent 21 hours ago
- On May 28, 1927, the House of Commons approved Old Age Pensions. #CdnHistory # canada #trivia #OTD Sent 23 hours ago
- On May 28, 1881, Britain awarded the U.S. 15,000 pounds reparation for the attack on American fishermen in Fortune Bay, Newfoundland. Sent 1 day ago
- On May 28, 1845, fire destroyed two-thirds of Quebec and suburb of St Roch #CdnHistory # canada #trivia #OTD Sent 1 day ago
- On May 27, 1949, Newfoundland held its first election as a province of Canada; Joseph Smallwood became premier. Sent 1 day ago
- My best RTs this week came from: @FirstNightArt @GingyGenie @PamCalvert1 @smallmuseumsca #thankSAll Who were yours? sumall.com/thankyou Sent 1 day ago
- On May 27, 1813, General Dearborn and Commodore Chauncey took Fort George, Niagara. Sent 2 days ago
- On May 27, 1732, La Verendrye sent his eldest son to build a fort on the Winnipeg River; maybe the first white man to see Lake Winnipeg. Sent 2 days ago
Canadian history. Canadian trivia. Brevity ... bite-sized. Proud to be Canadian (most of the time). Colourful past, interesting people and places -- can I tell you about it?