Search my site
BSC BOOK STORE
Canada Day!July 1st, 20152 months to go.
On this Day:
- RT @CanadaFP: Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the victims of this act of terrorism - @HonRobNicholson #Iraq Sent 8 hours ago
- RT @StoriesofJohnA: Qui est le "vrai" Père de la Confédération? Certains dirait Sir George-Étienne Cartier: ow.ly/L5pDr #CDNHis… Sent 8 hours ago
- Social Media Icons Widget wp.me/pf2B5-7Z5 via @wordpressdotcom Sent 8 hours ago
- On April 17, 1866 – The Nova Scotia legislature voted for union of the maritime colonies. #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 10 hours ago
- On April 17, 1855 – Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, was incorporated as a city. #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 11 hours ago
- On April 17, The Marco Polo was launched at Saint John, New Brunswick. She was the fastest ship in the world in her day. Sent 12 hours ago
- OTD 1916: A New York grand jury indicted Baron Von Papen for conspiracy to blow up the Cda’s Welland Canal. Sent 13 hours ago
- On April 17, 1840 – Benjamin Lett blew up Brock’s Monument at Niagara Falls. #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 14 hours ago
- On April 17, 1790 – The export of wheat, oats, flour and meal was prohibited to try to reduce high prices. Sent 16 hours ago
- On April 17, 1760 – Brigadier de Lévis left Montreal to try to recapture Quebec. #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 18 hours ago
Canadian history. Canadian trivia. Brevity ... bite-sized. Proud to be Canadian (most of the time). Colourful past, interesting people and places -- can I tell you about it?