We have received the names of the five souls we lost: bus driver Dave Woodard, 45; Karen Krzyzewski, 53, Michael Bleakney, 57; Kyle Nash, 21; and Connor Boyd, 21 and Rob More, 35,
Robbie was a son of a friend. He loved to sit on the top of the double-decker, in front, over the driver. He was identified by his bus pass in his pocket. To Julie and everyone touched by this tragedy, my deepest sympathies!
For more on this tragedy, please visit The Ottawa Citizen.
- OC Transpo driver killed in crash ‘a very nice guy’: Neighbour (metronews.ca)
- Via train and Ottawa city bus collide, reports of ‘multiple’ fatalities (blogs.windsorstar.com)
- OC Transpo bus driver’s wife defends late husband: ‘He’s not a monster’ (ctvnews.ca)
- Witnesses describe deadly Ottawa bus crash; condolences pour in on social media (globalnews.ca)
- Bus crash ‘worst disaster OC Transpo ever faced,’ say officials (metronews.ca)
- Toronto-Ottawa train service to resume Friday following horrific crash (globalnews.ca)
- Police identify six people killed in Ottawa bus-train crash (macleans.ca)