SEARCH MY SITE
BSC BOOK STORE
Canada Day!July 1st, 2017Be sure to celebrate with friends or family -- Have lots of fun!!
Top Posts & Pages
It looks like the WordPress site URL is incorrectly configured. Please check it in your widget settings.
On this Day:
- On August 23, 1797 – Emanuel Allen was sold at a public auction in Montreal, thereby becoming the last #slave transaction in #Canada. Sent 45 minutes ago
- On August 23, 1882 – The site known as Pile of Bones, Saskatchewan, was christened Regin Sent 1 hour ago
- On August 23, 1890 – Moncton, New Brunswick was officially incorporated as a city. Sent 2 hours ago
- On August 23, 1957 – Saskatchewan became the first province to complete its section of the Trans-Canada Highway. Sent 3 hours ago
- On August 22, 1711, nine hundred men drowned when fifteen ships were wrecked as Admiral Walker’s assault on Quebec bogged down in heavy fog. Sent 22 hours ago
- On August 22, 1884 – The Calgary Stampede was formed — it was then known as The Calgary Agricultural Society. Sent 23 hours ago
APPS by BiteSizeCanada
Canadian history. Canadian trivia. Brevity ... bite-sized. Proud to be Canadian (most of the time). Colourful past, interesting people and places -- can I tell you about it?