On November 3, 1957, one of the most advanced atomic energy reactors in the world opened at Chalk River, Ontario. It began the production of plutonium, manufacturing of radioactive isotopes, crucial for medicine.
SEARCH MY SITE
BSC BOOK STORE
Canada Day!July 1st, 2017Be sure to celebrate with friends or family -- Have lots of fun!!
Top Posts & Pages
On this Day:
- On June 18, 1962, a general election resulted in the return of 116 Conservatives, 99 Liberals, 30 Social Credit, an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Sent 14 hours ago
- On June 18, 1959, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip arrived in Newfoundland to begin a forty-five-day tour of Canada. Sent 15 hours ago
- On June 18, 1956, Queen Elizabeth II reviewed 300 holders of the Victoria Cross: 30 Canadians were among them. Mich… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Sent 16 hours ago
- On June 18, 1871, the British Columbia Legislature heard Canada’s terms for entering Confederation. Sent 17 hours ago
- On June 18, 1855, the Sault Ste. Marie Canal was rebuilt. The original canal was built by the Northwest Company in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Sent 19 hours ago
- On June 18, 1846, the first telegraph system was opened between Toronto-Hamilton-Niagara Falls. Sent 20 hours ago
APPS by BiteSizeCanada
Canadian history. Canadian trivia. Brevity ... bite-sized. Proud to be Canadian (most of the time). Colourful past, interesting people and places -- can I tell you about it?