Search my site
Canada Day!July 1st, 20157 months to go.
On this Day:
- On Nov. 21, 1856 – The Grand Trunk Railway was completed from St. Mary’s to Sarnia, Ontario. #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 1 hour ago
- Nov. 21, 1829 – Egerton Ryerson published the first issue of the Christian Guardian supporting Methodist interests in religion and politics. Sent 2 hours ago
- On Nov. 21, 1817 – St. John’s, Newfoundland, was badly damaged by fire. #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 3 hours ago
- On Nov. 21, 1763 – Benjamin Franklin established post offices at Montreal, Trois Rivières, and Quebec. #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 4 hours ago
- OTD 1893: The American Supreme Court held that Great Lakes and connecting waters constituted “high seas.” #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 20 hours ago
- On Nov. 20, 1962 – The United Nations approved the Canadian plan to measure worldwide atomic radiation. Sent 21 hours ago
- On Nov. 20, 1880 – The Federal Government and the C.P.R. signed the final agreement. #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 1 day ago
- On Nov. 20, 1877 – Edmonton, Alberta, obtained its first telegraph service. #CdnHistory #canada #trivia #OTD Sent 1 day ago
- On Nov. 20, 1834 – The Constitutional Society of Montreal drew up a list of ninety-two grievances which was sent to King William IV. Sent 1 day ago
- On Nov. 19, 1918 – An Order-in-Council united government railways. This led to the creation of Canadian National Railways. Sent 1 day ago
Canadian history. Canadian trivia. Brevity ... bite-sized. Proud to be Canadian (most of the time). Colourful past, interesting people and places -- can I tell you about it?
My gig!For $5 I can make you a unique and personalized page of "What happened on this date." Great for birthdays. High quality work, perfect for printing or sending via e-mail. http://www.fiverr.com/tkmorin